1 to 50 Employees
29 June 2018
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time Social Worker. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
● Act as the primary channel of communication, support, and assistance from AIM School to the families of students, helping families to value their children and improve their family situation so that all children in the home are safe, cared for, and educated.
● Build and maintain loving and trusting relationships with families of AIM School students through regular home visits
● Respond to attendance and behavior reports by the teachers of AIM School and conduct visits to the family in order to assess the situation and help provide solutions where able
● Assess the physical, educational, family and community histories of AIM School student families and seek to understand the needs of the family. Work with the family to develop a plan for education and an improved home environment where necessary.
● Keep accurate and up to date records on home visits and communication with families using the forms provided by AIM School.
● Maintain strict confidentiality about all information and records pertaining to the students and families associated with AIM School.
● Attend and participate in regular Social Work Team meetings
● Pray daily for, and when possible with, the students and family under the school’s care.
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
● Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, regularly attending church. Follow Biblical moral standards inside and outside of school, living and working to be a good example like Christ
● Be a model of humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and compassion
● Grade 12 certificate required
● Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in social work or other related field
● Must be Christian
● No criminal record
● Active member of a local Christian church
● Pastor’s reference
● Two years of social work experience
Skills and abilities:
● Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken;
● A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred
● Basic computer skills
● Ability to solve problems and think critically
● Manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently
● Good interpersonal skills, especially showing respect, politeness and cultural sensitivity
Job employment terms/benefits:
● Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
● Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
● Paid holidays
● Lunch provided
● Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications
How to apply: